Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Highsky Children’s Ranch!
Please contact High Sky Children’s Ranch by calling Catie at (432) 694-7728 for information regarding volunteering, or taking part in activities. We can meet with you individually or as a group to review the volunteer program and opportunities.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
There are many ways to help. High Sky needs people from the community to donate specific items. Call or email CatieC@highsky.org for a list of items needed. High Sky Children’s Ranch solicits and accepts gifts that are consistent with its mission and that support its core programs, as well as special projects.
- In-kind donations are subject to the following limitations:
- Items should be brand new and in original packaging
- Used clothing and furniture must be in excellent condition and will be inspected before acceptance
- No violent or sexual content; content should be appropriate for adolescents
- No “recalled” or dangerous items
- Electronic items must be new
Call us for ideas on helping High Sky keep a beautiful, livable, and walkable campus for the children and some indoor projects, as well. Many of our campus projects allow you to spend some time outdoors enjoying the serene campus while volunteering. Most of the volunteer opportunities are Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Call us for upcoming events that need more volunteers especially during the holiday season.
If you are still looking for more opportunities to mentor youth in our community, be sure to check out other non-profit agencies in our community.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for providing the best gift you can give a child: Your Time!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Assist with special landscape projects, outdoor grounds work, campus clean up, etc.
- Help prepare visitation rooms
- Organize donations.
- Provide for holidays and birthdays of youth.
- Donations of specific items needed for the children.
- Must be at least 18 years old to work alone with children.
- Must have excellent references and positive family values.
- Must agree to work within and support the policies and guidelines of High Sky, as well as cooperate with the staff.
- Clear Criminal History
- Comply with all confidentiality expectations
- The Volunteer Program is overseen by the Program Director / Executive Director.
- Each volunteer function will be outlined and supervised.
- Interactions with youth must be pleasant, appropriate and non-disciplinary in nature.
- Volunteers are not to extend beyond the function outlined.
- Volunteers should report any concerns to the Program Director or Executive Director.
- No access to sensitive information in client files.
- All volunteers must maintain youth confidentiality at all times and sign a liability waiver.
All volunteer requests are initially received by High Sky front office receptionist. She will forward a message to the appropriate staff in charge of donations, campus projects, or other volunteer projects. Infrequent, supervised, short-term visits on campus which have little or no interaction with the children do not require a formal application process but must check in and out at the front office as a visitor. The following forms are required for all other volunteers:
- Reference Check including two non-relatives.
- Signed form of reporting child abuse/neglect.
- Orientation and Function Outline.
- Supervision by High Sky Staff
- Criminal history check
- Abuse/ Neglect registry check
- Training if needed
The Volunteer is responsible for completing all paperwork required. High Sky is responsible for volunteer files and scheduling the orientation with the appropriate staff. The Executive Director or Program Director must approve all volunteers and assignments.